Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day Eighty: Thanks, Spring

As much as I love spring, I remembered today why spring and I so often do not get along as well as I would like. Today at around 3 PM, I got one of those stubborn, unwielding headaches that can only be cured by a couple Sudafed, possibly a few Advil, and a good, solid nap. Unfortunately, I had only the Advil.

With spring, plants grow. Grass grows, flowers grow, and pollen, seeds, and whathaveyou float freely and lively through the air. And they float up my nose, into my head, and make my sinuses swell. Spring has sprung, and so have my allergies. Stupid, stupid allergies.

So I'm sitting here trying to concentrate, when all my body wants is bed and a book, because the Advil wore off, and the Sudafed was too late (or may not have worked at all). Oh Spring, you are a double-edged sword...if that even makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment